Sunday, November 30, 2014

YEEHAW AND HAPPY HOUR

SAT. NOV. 29-It was a beautiful day, sunny and warm. I worked on our Christmas Letter. I do a recount of our past years travel. I try to write about the interesting stories of places we visited, things we did and people we met.

I am somewhat artsy so I add some doodles along the page margin that corresponds with the story. I enjoy doing the Christmas Letter and get a lot of fun feedback. The only thing, it is 2 pages and that includes front and back. I try to shorten it but I can't. As it is, I could not put everything in it so a lot ended up on the "cutting room floor" as they say.

Ralph and I washed the Beast! Our Dodge Dually pick up. It was long over due. I spent time doing the door jams and wiping down the inside of the doors and dashboard.

We walked around the resort visiting our friends. and then headed to the clubhouse where the owners, Greg, Gina and their children Kristen and Cole were putting up Christmas decorations through out the clubhouse.

YEEHAW and HOWDY from Texas: Years ago Ralph and George Barbour built these rocking horses for a rodeo. Greg added the saddles and they now stay on the clubhouse porch. So Ralph and I decided to take a quick ride.

In the afternoon our friends Corine and Kent from Alaska and also "full timers", had a Happy Hour. Everyone brings orderv's to share and their choice of drink.When someone hosts a Happy Hour, it is usually at 4pm and when everyone becomes so "happy"it can go into the night as this one did. We had a wonderful time eating, drinking and chatting.

Corine is also a gourmet cook and over the years I have called her many times with questions on "this and that" when it comes to cooking. She always has the answers and gives me pointers and great information. I call her my "Chef in the Phone".





















1 comment: