Friday, June 12, 2015

WE ARE NOT IN KANSAS ANYMORE AND I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH MY BLOG!

This lifestyle can sure get busy to a point that I have a tough time trying to find time to do our travel blog. I try to put up our travels at least every 5 days. I need a "personal assistant!"

On Thursday, June 4, we left the Deer Creek Valley RV Park in Topeka, KS. and drove 3 hours to Richmond, Missouri about 30 miles northeast of Kansas City, MO.

It rained the whole time and the Kansas City area has experienced lots of flooding as the banks of the Missouri has overflowed, wiped out farmers fields and destroyed homes.

We arrived at our friend's Titus and Fannie's home. They are Cowboy Action Shooters that we met at a shoot in Texas last year. We have stayed in touch and they invited us to their annual shoot at their gun club that is in Lenexa, Kansas. Fannie's  full Cowboy Alias is Fannie Kicker. I thought that was pretty clever.

Ralph had to back up their driveway 1,500 feet with a 90 degree turn in the middle. There was no turn around up at their house and even know they had seven acres, the ground was absolutely saturated because of the heavy rain.

As we drove to their home, we saw miles and miles of flooded farmer's fields.




After we set up our home, we relaxed with a drink at their home. It was good to see Titus and Fannie.
I am in heaven because I am getting my pet fix. I was introduced to their lovely female German Shepherd Zoey and their Claico cat Pearl.

Ooops! You have to turn your head on this one.

This is what I did all day Friday, June 5th

Our new front yard and this is just a one third of their driveway. Ralph did very well backing up the 1,500 ft.


On Saturday, June 6th, Fannie and I headed to a wedding reception. The fellas were invited too, but Titus wanted to stay close to home. Their sweet shepherd, Zoey is on medication because she has been battling Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever. Even though she has improved, Titus wanted to keep a close eye on her. Ralph was happy to keep them both company, so just Fannie and I went.

I personally did not know the newlyweds, Josh and Kim, but I knew Josh's folks, Cash and Ginger. They are Cowboy Shooters too and we met them the same time we met Fannie and Titus. They are best friends and Ralph and I just hit is off with these 2 couples and we have enjoyed staying in touch with them.

The wedding reception was a lot of fun. I had 2 helpings of wedding cake along with other sweets. I guess I still have a sweet tooth or should I say "sweet teeth"! However, I have kept up with my
walking over the last several days so I had made an allowance.

On Monday, June 8th, we celebrated Ralph's 69th birthday. We had Cash and Ginger over along with Ginger's sister Gail and their 8 year old granddaughter Callie. It was her dad that got married and he and Kim are enjoying their honeymoon in Cancun.


From left to right: Callie, Ginger, Gail, Ralph, Titus, Fannie and Cash. What a fun bunch!

I made homemade crab cakes, homemade cole slaw and filet mignon along with and a hearty salad. Fannie added baked potatoes and a yummy pineapple salad. It was a delicious feast and everyone had a wonderful time. It was a nice birthday gathering for Ralph.

On Tuesday, June 9th, we headed to the town of Liberty about a 1/2 hour away. Ralph's brother lives in Kansas City and Liberty was a town that was at the halfway point for both of us. We met Robert for lunch at Cheddar's.

It was a fun visit and I always enjoy watching Ralph and his brothers interact when they get together. They have a lot of similar characteristics and a lot of different ones too.



This was only our 2nd time having a meal at Cheddar's. Our experience's have been excellent. Food delicious and service was very good.

They have a huge aquarium in Cheddar's and they were feeding the fish as we arrived. It was a lot of fun to watch and I have always found aquariums soothing.







On Wednesday, June 10th, Ralph and I headed out to do a bike ride. Here we stopped to see flooded farmer's fields.


The Missouri River, still muddy after all the rain.


The poor guy hadn't ridden in a couple of months and here I made him do a 24 mile ride. Here we are taking a break on the side of the Casey General Store in Lexington, MO. This was at the half way mark  and look at him. You should have seen him at 24 miles!


I almost missed putting these pictures on. A couple of days ago we took a ride to Ginger and Cash's farm. Ginger raises miniature horses and she has trained them to pull a cart. She keeps mowed paths in and around her hay fields and drives them all over their farm.



Ginger's little dog enjoyed nuzzling up to Ralph.

Until next time..................Happy Trails!




1 comment:

  1. I was just wondering yesterday where you guys were, keep that blog updated and quit your sniveling about being busy!! :)))

    ReplyDelete