Sunday, October 5, 2014

THE WIND AND THE WHITE STUFF!

We left Crow Agency, Montana late Monday afternoon and headed to Wyoming. We have visited Wyoming many times. Lots of western and Native American history here that we enjoy. 

Wyoming is known for wind. Sure enough as we saw the "Welcome to Wyoming" sign, the wind automatically kicked up. This is just a known fact. Ralph had a strong grip on the steering wheel at 10 and 2! They had warning signs on the highway about the wind. Luckily most of the wind was behind us and it helped with the fuel mileage. But every once in a while we would get hit broad side. If the wind is too bad, we don't take chances and over the years we have pulled off the road for the night. 

We pulled into Casper, Wyoming at a Sam's Club. We got supplies and tucked in for the night. The wind was still howling and rocking and rolling the RV.

Tuesday, Sept. 30th we pulled out. It was still windy and we had to use both hands to hold onto the door as we got out of the RV and both hands strongly on the truck door to get in. 

We arrived in Cheyenne that afternoon at the Jolly Rogers RV Park and RV Repair. They are the most reasonably priced park in Cheyenne. It is not a campground so to speak, just a slot with hook ups, but it works for us.

By the way, I found a picture of my Blog Teacher, Janna. It was taken earlier this year in Arizona. She was giving Geri and I lessons. Don't let her sweet smile fool you, she had that ruler handy to whack our knuckles.

During this week we have visited several friends. I will be getting pictures to post. I have to remember to have my camera with me at all times like Janna does.

We woke up to this a few mornings ago! When we had our farm in Maryland, yes we got snow and some years we got those "Big Northeaster's". I did not really remember the snow bothering me too much. Now that we don't have to deal with it any longer, I have realized that I hate snow and want no parts of it! There are 2 words Ralph and I don't say: S-N-O-W and W-O-R-K! When we slip up and say one of those 2 words, we have to put 25 cents in the laundry mat jar. 

By the way this is my real first 'all by myself" blog post that I did. I did not call Janna today!

1 comment: