Friday, April 24, 2015

VISIT WITH MOM, NEW AC, WEIGHT LOSS AND A BIKE RIDE!

On Monday, April 13th, we left the Comancheria Days Match at the Adolf Stieler Ranch and headed a short distance to the town of Boerne, TX. In a couple of days we have an appointment at an RV repair facility. We did not want to travel the 1 1/2 hours to the Herbert Ranch only to hitch up again  2 days later and drive to the repair facility.

Ralph's mom is in the nursing home in the town of Boerne and on Tuesday, Ralph went to pick her up and brought her to the RV Park. She loves the coffee we make because I sprinkle ground cinnamon over the coffee grounds and add one scoop of vanilla flavored coffee grounds to the pot. We also had a nice cinnamon roll waiting for her.

I took her for a walk around the park. We walked one lap and that was 7/10ths of a mile. At 87 she can walk very well and at a good pace. She could have easily walked another lap or two.

On Wednesday, April 15th we headed to the northeast side of San Antonio to Texas RV Repair for our appointment. This shop was highly recommended  to us by Debbie and Richard and we had previously stopped here a few weeks ago and spoke to Tony the service manager.

We have 2 air conditioners in our rolling home. One pooped out a while back and we knew it needed replacing. I don't think we have ever ran both our AC's at the same time. If it ever gets to that point where we need to run both, then it is time to cooler territory!

While relaxing in the waiting room, I was flipping through an RV magazine. I fell in love with this RV I saw and I immediately wanted to trade our RV in on this "Cherry and Sweet looking RV".

So I went up to one of the RV folks and said "Do you have any of these on the lot?" He said "no, they wouldn't last here in Texas".


 Here is Preston. He is the one that put our new AC unit in. We had a minor issue with the awning and it was a simple fix.

Our rolling ranch house was done by late afternoon. Tony the Service Mgr. told us we could stay the night in their locked lot so we did not have to deal with the major rush hour traffic. That sounded good to us! Tony gave us his phone number and the keys to the gate in case we wanted to go some where. How nice was that!

We left the next morning after the morning rush hour.

Coming home to the Herbert Ranch in south San Antonio. We are pulling into our little corner on the "Back 40".

Ralph on the roof putting an antenna amplifier on. It brings in more air channels in and the clarity is better.

On Saturday, April 18th, Loy and I headed to Weight Watcher's. I lost 0.8 lbs this week, but had larger loses the last couple of weigh ins. In 13 weeks I have lost 28.0 lbs and now weigh 175.8 lbs.

13 weeks ago I was in a tight size 16 that I could not button and zip all the way up and really needed
to be a size 18. I refused to buy an 18 and made up my mind that I needed to go back to WW.

I just donated my size 16 jeans and other big clothing to a thrift shop that is run by an animal shelter and proceeds go to shelter. The last time I tried them on I zipped and buttoned them and they would just fell off of me. I looked like those punk "I wanna be a gangsta" kids who wear their pants around their thighs with their underwear showing. My size 14 jeans are getting a little lose now.

Sunday, April 19th, Ralph and I were invited to do a 30 mile ride with the Hill Country Bicycle Club. Debbie and Richard who live on their ranch next door to Hoppy and Loy are members and they were hosting the ride from their home.

Here is the crew. When you leave the ranch you have to travel about about 3/4 of a mile to the paved road. This was a good place to get a picture.


Just about 4 miles away from the ranch, Richard had a flat. Within 5 minutes we were back on the road.

Now I did this route a few weeks ago to test it out. On that day it was an overcast day and I was able to do the ride just fine. However Ralph is not in the bike shape that I am in so we decided to do a shorter ride. We started off with the club but turned around at the 8 mile mark and that gave us 16 miles. It was a nice overcast day again and Ralph did just fine.

On the way back I stopped to get a picture of this mare and foal. When the mare saw me approaching the fence, momma felt a little uneasy and started to walk away.


Afterwards, we had a nice feast. Debbie fixed her pulled pork and homemade baked beans. I made homemade coleslaw. I got a head of green cabbage from Debbie's garden yesterday and added purple cabbage and carrots to it. I made the slaw dressing from a Bobby Flay recipe that had not only mayo in it, but sour cream in it too. I have tried several slaw recipes and so far I like this one the best.



It was a lot of fun. The folks in the bike club are very friendly and helpful. We actually had met several of them on a club ride a few years ago and another time when Debbie and Richard invited us on a camping trip and club bike ride at Lake Bastrop State Park near Austin, TX.

For the next 5 weeks I will be house sitting for good friends of ours. George and Joanie live outside Lake Medina RV Resort on the Grothues-Leibolds Ranch in Lakehills, TX. They have been long time friends with the Grothues-Leiblold family and that is how we met them years ago. It is about 1 hour from Hoppy and Loy's Ranch where we are now.

George is a wood scrolling artist and we have a lot of his work hanging up in our RV.

George and Joanie take a cruise every year. This cruise is a month long and they are driving to San Diego to board the ship. So I will be house sitting. I have use of their Toyota truck and will be going back to Ralph every 5 days or so for an overnight.

I am going to enjoy my vacation. I find it funny because I am taking a vacation from a vacation!

Until next time.................Happy Trails........................















3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss Angie--when we get home it's time to buckle down and get with it again! I will look for the Bobbie Flay coleslaw recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's nice. It’s good that you've gotten your RV up and running – maybe even better than it did before. As long as you continue to take care of it and do regular maintenance work, I’m sure it will continue to serve you in the years to come. Cheers!

    Cristina Hamilton @ Mount Comfort RV

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting article for roofers and property holders. I would need to grant my ability to settle breaks to Roof Leak repair by EPDM I really have ne'er stood up to the spillage issue from most up and coming 2 years.

    ReplyDelete