Wednesday, January 21, 2015

AHH! NOW I KNOW WHY I AM PLEASANTLY PLUMP!


We ate our way across Oregon.

While in Oregon, we rode our bicycles to the town of Bandon. It is a coastal town and we found a quaint little cafe called the Bandon Baking Co. to get coffee and of course a sweet goodie!  Now this is my kind of a balanced diet!

When people find out we are "full time" RV-er's, they asked a lot of questions. The most common questions are "What did you do with all your stuff"? or "How do you get your mail"? or "Don't you miss a home?" and "Are there any negative things about your lifestyle"?

With that last question, I could never think of anything negative. Well now that we are starting our 9th year, I have come up with only 2 negatives. The first negative is that you meet some wonderful folks in your travels whether  they are RV-er's or folks you meet around the towns you visit. There is a good chance that you probably will not see them again, but with emails, travel blogs and cell phones at least you can keep in touch. The second negative is you eat a lot.

When you are at an RV Resort, there are sometimes daily Happy Hours, weekly potlucks and evening campfire gatherings. It is a constant smorgasbord.

Ralph and I also enjoy the Food Network and we often make notes when the show rants and raves on restaurants, taverns and diners. I like to say that "We eat our way across the United States"!

Well here are just a few pictures of our food adventures.

We are at Greg's Grill in the Old Mill District in Bend, Oregon. We had drinks and o'derv's inside and had a wonderful dinner on their cozy outside patio right on the Deschutes River. I was in heaven with these monstrous loaded cheeseburgers.

And you know what? It was no problem, WE ATE THE WHOLE THING!



While on the coast of Oregon, we pulled into a small grocery store in Lincoln beach. There was a large gravel parking lot on the side of the grocery store and I went into the store to ask the manager for permission to stay for the night.

We had our mail sent General Delivery to the Lincoln Post Office and would be picking it up in the morning.

While there, Ralph noticed huge black berry bushes. He picked a few quarts and asked me if I could make a black berry pie. So at 7:00 p.m. I headed to the grocery store to get Pillsbury pie crust and of course vanilla ice cream. It came out of the oven at 9:30 p.m. and it had to cool for 4 hours.

So the next morning, this is what we had for breakfast while in bed. Oh so good! I went into the grocery store to thank the manager for letting us stay the night and gave him a piece of pie. He really appreciated that.

Next to the grocery store was a coffee house. I love coconut! I went in and got a tall Almond Joy Latte. Talk about a sugar rush!

We saw this cute sign in at a restaurant in Wickenburg, AZ. And yes, there is a skinny girl inside of me and over the years I did shut her up with cookies and also pie, cake, candy and ice cream!


This huge loaded cheeseburger was made at a saloon in Joseph. Oregon.  We enjoyed the saloons outdoor seating and we were surrounded by Wallowa Mountains. And yes, WE ATE THE WHOLE THING!

Our travels last year to the Pacific Northwest was absolutely DELICIOUS!

Until next time.......Happy Trails!





No comments:

Post a Comment