Monday, January 19, 2015

WEIGHT WATCHERS AND GETTING HEALTHY!

On Saturday, Jan. 17, 2015 Loy, the ranchers wife and I headed to Weight Watchers. I have been a life long Weight Watcher most of my adult life. What can I say? I love to eat and I love food! I have had very good success with WW and I know I will be successful this time.

Well this is the highest weight that I have ever gone to WW with. The scale said 203.8! I could not blame it on my sneakers because I weighed in my stocking feet!

Over the years I have tried doing the WW program on my own at home. I know the diet and what you have to do. However, I have found that when you go to the WW meetings and weigh in, you are holding yourself accountable. Yes, it does cost money to attend of course and this also keeps me "On Track" because I am paying money.

The last time I went to WW was in 2005 and I lost 30 lbs. I kept it off until 2009. It did not take long for me to pack it on because I got back into my old eating habits of constant eating and over eating.

Over the last 5 years I have tried several times to do WW on my own, but just couldn't do it. It was easy for me to say, "I'll start next week".

So I am putting myself out here. I figured if I write it on this blog, then it is sort of like a "written contract". I can't break it! My WW goal is 165 but my personal goal is 153 lbs. that I weighed in 2009.

So we are back on the bikes. Ralph and I have taken 2 nice bike rides so far. We are starting out with short rides. Our first day was an 8 mile ride and today was a 10 mile ride. We should be able to ride 3 to 4 times a week.

I also do a work out with Loy. She has a Wii and we do Yoga and the exercise games on it. It has been a lot of fun.

In just 3 days of exercise and eating right, I can honestly say that I am feeling better.






We do take breaks. Here is a nice convenience store in the town of Somerset. It is only about 4 miles from the ranch.










Roads around here are very bike friendly. There is very little traffic on these back country rural roads and although not seen in this picture, most roads have very wide shoulders.











Hoppy was doing some work around the ranch and stop by for a visit and a long neck.

His dog Tuffy is part Heeler. She will not ride in the Gator so she runs along side of it and follows Hoppy all over the ranch. She is fit and one big muscle. I nicknamed her Ankle Biter because she will nip at your ankles trying to "herd" you in the direction she wants you to go. These hard working breeds are found on many working ranches.


Happy Trails....................




2 comments:

  1. Good for you Angie--you are very brave to put your weight out there on the big wide internet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buttercup is half Australian Cattle Dog and she would do the same thing when she was younger. Every now and then she will still try to herd the cats. LOL! But, she also had traits from the Beagle side. You could never walk her off leash. She would get a sent and take off. It was a pain at times. But, other then that, she is a great dog. She'll be 16 years old in September. We are going to miss her when she passes.

    ReplyDelete