Tuesday, January 27, 2015

LOST 3.4 LBS AND MY WORKING RANCH HAND

This past Saturday, Jan. 24th, Loy and I went to our weekly Weight Watchers meeting. After one week I lost 3.4 pounds! Now I weigh 200.4 lbs. just 45 more to go!

After we got back we hopped in Hoppy's truck and Loy and I were off to Lowes to get lumber for their 10' x 12'  Tuff Shed she had delivered a week ago. It is actually going to be their grandchildren's play house when they come to visit.

We got 2x4's, paneling, floor covering and a ceiling light. Ralph is going to be the head carpenter and Hoppy will be the second banana.

While unloading the lumber, I caught this cute little calf getting a drink.


On Sunday Ralph headed to work. (OOOPS! I Have to put a quarter in the laundry jar) There are 2 words we are not allowed to say and they are WORK and SNOW! If we do, than a quarter goes in the laundry jar.

I went on to the ranch house to do a work out with Loy on the Wii. It is a pretty neat set up that Wii. You do get a decent work out and I am at the beginner setting.

I checked on Ralph before heading out on my bike. He seemed okay. I asked him if he remembered how to use a saw, carpenters pencil and a hammer.

I had a wonderful bike ride and did a leisurely 10 mile ride. As I rode, my iphone was playing good ole' traditional country music. I don't use headphones, just put it in my pocket and peddled. It is not loud enough that I can't hear the traffic.

As I finished my ride, I was turning into the ranch road and saw this inquisitive horse. I stopped to chat and she actually nickered at me. Hopefully she was saying "looking good, keep it up".


I had several fillet mignon steaks I wanted to use up because they have been in the freezer for a while. Ralph put them on the grill and we all looked on with anticipation and licking our chops including Missy the dog.



On Monday, Ralph and Hoppy finished up their remodeling job. I have yet to see the finished master piece, but will get a picture of it.

While the fella's were pounding nails, I went on a 13 mile ride with a convenience store stop. I relaxed with a cup of coffee at one of the picnic tables and took this time to make calls to friends. I can also feel the pounds melting away. This will be a good week at Weight Watchers.

Tuesday we took our dear friends Ruthie and Skip out to breakfast at IHOP. At first I was a little freaked out since I am on Weight Watchers. Well I have the "WW App" and it shows all the popular restaurants menus and gives the number of points each entree has. I was pleasantly surprised that IHOP has entrees for us Weight Watchers.

Skip and Ruthie have been "full timing" since 2004 and it is a decision that we all will be faced with when we get up in age and have health issues. They are trading in their rolling home for a stationary one. So Thursday they will leave Lake Medina RV Resort and head to Florida.

I saw pictures of their home online and it is an almost new, adorable home with a 2 car garage. Skip will enjoy fishing as they are only a few blocks from the Ocean. Ruthie is quite the quilter and will enjoy having a big sewing room.

Ralph and I winter at Lake Medina RV Resort for a month or so in the early part of winter. We always parked next to them and now it just won't be the same.

I am sorry I did not get a picture of us while at IHOP. It just totally slipped my mind. But now Ralph and I have a new place to visit!

Until next time..........Happy Trails to You..............






2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing the remodeling! I hope everything was done without a hitch. On the other hand, I really like the photos you took. It looks like you all had a grand time together, despite the busy schedule. Anyway, thanks for sharing this post with us! Have a good day!


    Darren Lanphere @ Mirr Ranch Group

    ReplyDelete