Saturday, January 10, 2015

RESTING ALL OUR ACHES AND PAINS! (AND THROWBACK TO SEDONA, AZ.)

The morning of Thurs. Jan. 8th, I woke up to a new ache this morning. So besides my sore feet, sore lower back I am adding a sore hamstring to the list. Ralph just had sore shoulders.

Hoppy worked us hard yesterday so today we are enjoying a much needed day off to recoup! Only thing is I have to go to the town of Somerset to do laundry. I want to do it today because tomorrow and Saturday are suppose to be very cold. The high is to be only 32 degrees! Yes, you heard me right. I know all my "northern friends" are laughing. They would love to be in the 30's right now rather than in the teens and single digits. What can I say, we are "Winter Texans".


When I headed out to the town of Somerset, this is what we came out to. Our Weber Grill and grill table were knocked over as well as our folding chair and ladder. I can't believe we did not hear anything. Our bedroom is right above this and Ralph is a very light sleeper. I on the other hand can sleep through anything.

As best as we can figure out, is coyotes came to visit us in the night. They smelled the meat juice on the grill and decided to take a peek. When the grill crashed they must have scattered and knocked every thing else over as they made their get away.

Here are one of the oil tanks on the ranch. I need a bucket and a hose!


When things are slow and not much happening to report on our blog, I looked for pictures from our past years of full timing.

We left for our wonderful life on Feb. 2006.

Here is Sedona, AZ. We were here in April 2006.

We drove a portion of the Oak Creek Canyon Scenic Drive. It is a 14 mile drive along Route 89A between Sedona and Flagstaff, Arizona.

It is billed as the "Top 5 Most Scenic Drives in America by Rand McNally".

All I can say is the pictures don't do the beauty of the red rock bluffs justice! The camera did not capture the deep colors. They red rock bluffs were just so majestic looking.

The crystal clear Oak Creek River follows the route and there were many pull off areas. They even had primitive camping spots along the Oak Creek. We would have loved to camp here but our RV would not fit, they were for tents and very small RV's.

We found a wonderful and cozy spot to enjoy our picnic lunch.

 Until next time..........Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment