Friday, February 6, 2015

A QUIET AND RELAXFUL WEEK

This has been a quiet week so far because the weather. The cold and rainy days have kept us inside. I did not ride my bike or work out on the Wii. Loy is a substitute teacher and worked every day this week because a teacher was on vacation. Even though she told me to go and work out, I am still not comfortable setting up the Wii. You see I am "electronically challenged". I don't even know how to work our Blue Ray player or switch our TV back and worth from cable to air channels. I really don't care to learn because TV is not important to me.

I have done well this week as far as eating goes being that I have been cooped up inside most of the week. I am never bored because I always find something to do. I caught up on some artwork, reading and letter writing while curled up in front of our cozy fireplace.

This morning we woke up to the herd of longhorns. The big boy is on the right.


Since things are slow this week, I thought I would pull up photos of our past travels. In early Dec. 2009, I went on my first Cruise. While we wintering at Lake Medina RV Resort there was a group of ladies who decided they needed a vacation and wanted to go on a cruise.

Now mind you, we are all "Full time RV-er's" and I had to giggle, because we are taking a vacation from a vacation. "Full time rv-ing" is one long vacation.  It was opened to anyone at the resort who wanted to go. I jumped at the chance to go with these fun gals because each one had several cruises under their belt so I would surely be in the good company of "Seasoned Cruiser's".

We decided to throw a big "Bon Voyage Party" at the RV resort. We had these cakes made by Nadler's, a well know bakery in San Antonio. Not only are they known for their delicious cakes and pastries, but they do photo cakes. I got a picture of the Gulf Of Mexico and drew our course of travel including the ports we would dock at. We docked in Belize City, Belize,  Costa Maya, Mexico,  Cozumel, Mexico and Santo Tomas de Castilla, Guatemala.


Here I am with my "Cruising Buddies", Carol and Mary. All our RV-ing friends at the resort  enjoyed the Bon Voyage party and of course cake and ice cream!

We booked a 7-day Western Caribbean cruise on the Norwegian ship "Spirit". Norwegian docks in New Orleans. We left a day early to do some sight seeing in The French Quarter. All I can say is, it was entertaining, amusing and I can say is "I was there".

I did enjoy having a beignet (a deep fried pastry sprinkled with powdered sugar served fresh and hot) and a cup of chicory coffee at the World Famous Cafe Du Monde. The coffee stand was established in 1862. They are opened 24/7, 7 days a week. They are only closed on Christmas and when a Hurricane passes through.

Even though husbands were welcomed to go, none cared to. They did not crazy about being on a ship in the middle of the ocean. I also knew Ralph well enough that I this was not his cup of tea.

Toasting with friends and enjoying a wonderful dinner on formal night. Sitting next to me is Carol's daughter, Jennifer.
                                                                       

I thought I died and went to heaven! This is the late night "Chocolate Buffet". A funny story here though: We were beat from a day of sight seeing at one of the port towns. The buffet started at 10 pm.

So that evening after dinner, we took in the evening show. We headed back to our cabin, showered and got in our PJ's. We were too tired to go to the chocolate buffet.

Well I don't know what happened but Mary and I kept thinking about all the chocolate and got a second wind. So at 9:45 pm we got dressed and headed to the Chocolate Buffet. Wow, were we glad we did! I was blown away with all the delicious chocolate sculptures.

Each night over dinner the piano player played lovely music.


The Norwegian Spirit docked at one of the port towns.



One of the many moon lit nights that we enjoyed while sitting on the deck.


Police presence made the port towns safe for the tourist.
                                                       
Beautiful ice sculpture in the dining room.

Mary (L) and Jennifer (R) enjoying the hot tub along with other guest.
                                           

Mary and I took an excursion and went snorkeling. It was an fun experience. We enjoyed the vibrant colored fish and sea life.


When I look back of the cruise, I think of the first time when I walked into one of the restaurants and saw all the food. I think I started hyperventilating. As most of my friends know, I love food, I dream about it and think about food all the time.  For 7 days I ate and ate and then ate some more. I gained a total of 7 lbs. 1 pound for each day. Thank goodness I did not go on a 14 day cruise!

Until next time, Happy Trails...............















1 comment:

  1. Angie, you are so funny! I would have gone with you guys on that cruise!

    ReplyDelete