Wednesday, February 25, 2015

WEIGHT WATCHERS AND A COLD AND RAINY WEEK!

Last week was not the best for working out. I managed one bike ride and one Aerobic work out. This past Saturday, Feb. 21st,  Loy and I went to WW and I lost 1.6 pounds. I was very happy because I broke into the 180's and now weigh 189.2. In 5 weeks I have lost 14.6 pounds. Just 35 more to go!


Ralph took advantage of probably our only nice day for this week. Here he is sprucing up our yard with the weed whacker before the cold and rain comes.

Now for the rest of this week, at least as far as the weather goes, it is and will be rainy, windy and cold. To my "Northern Friends" some of the highs this week will not make it out of the 40's. I know, I know, you all would love to have that weather right now. What can I say? Our blood has become thin since we don't have to deal with snow and real cold weather!

We had brisket at Hoppy and Loy's home. I love men in the kitchen! Hoppy did a great job smoking the brisket. It was "DELICIOUS"!


Sunday, Feb. 22nd, Loy and I did a step aerobic workout. It was a good workout with a lot of huffing and puffing and sweating! I always feel so good afterwards.

This is will be my only aerobic workout this week due to Loy working at the school. Being a "sub" she fills in for teachers on vacation or calling in sick.

Over the last couple of months, I have gotten into making bread from scratch. Most of the time it was a successful endeavor.  We play the game Bunco on the second Tuesday of every month. I have wanted to make decorative cupcakes to hand out to the Bunco ladies. Each month has some kind of holiday or season so I was thinking of decorating them for that months occasion.

Well the next thing I know, Loy pulls out a cupcake book. She took Wilton cake decorating classes and over the years has made decorative cakes and cupcakes for her children, grandchildren and friends.

The next thing I knew she got all her decorating stuff out. Her decorating books, icing bags and tips. She showed me how to fill the bag, attached the collars and tips, then gently squeeze the bag with a study pressure to make leafs, stars, grass and how to write.


She showed me her icing color dyes and how to apply them to icing.

It was a lot of fun. The only thing is neither of us got to lick anything. That delicious icing went right in the trash! We worked way to hard this morning!

Rabbit is the nickname of Loy's husband Hoppy. It has been his nickname since he was a small boy.


I am not ashamed to say this, but I sure did want to lick the plate! The other plate got rinse off before I thought to take pictures. We practiced more leafs, stars and other designs.

Stay warm and Happy Trails...........











No comments:

Post a Comment