Wednesday, February 11, 2015

PICNIC, BUNCO AND RANCH LIFE

On Saturday, Feb. 7th, Loy and I headed to Weight Watchers. This past week I did well with eating but did no exercise due to the nasty weather. I only lost 6/10th of a pound. But in 3 weeks I have lost 9 pounds. I think the 5 pound lost that I had last week was a lot and my body is saying "Whoa". Loy is doing well too, she had a 3 lb. lost.

I am so happy with WW and so satisfied. I don't get hungry and I feel so good because I am eating properly and nutritiously.

Here is Hoppy and Ralph jawing over I am not sure what, but I am sure it must have been important.


Last week  we did not visit Mom because of the nasty cold weather, so this past Sunday we went to see her. We usually take her out to eat, but found out we all enjoy a picnic better.


During our visit here at the park, we usually feed the ducks but this was a hot day and the ducks were on the other side of  Cibolo Creek lying on the banks under shade trees. We did see several turtles sunbathing.


While we were enjoying this beautiful day, we met Carol and her son Aiden. Carol recognized Ralph's mom Mary. Carol is a physical therapist at Town and Country Manor where Mom is.

Carol was excited to see Mom and meet us. We had very nice chat. Carol is a marathon runner and last marathon was the N.Y. City marathon. It was her 36th marathon!  Her husband and son Aiden travel with her to the marathons and are her support team. They hold up signs and root for her as she passes by. Her son told her that he wants to start running marathons so she is training him to do a half marathon which is 13.1 miles!

I was very impressed with Aiden. He will do it and accomplish this task. He was such a polite young man and very talkative and articulate in his speaking. He chatted with Mom and gave her a hug and a kiss goodbye and off they went.

Monday evening I was busy icing sugar cookies and making chocolate covered strawberries for tomorrows Bunco game. Everyone will get a personalized cookie.

Tuesday morning I headed up to the ranch house and made a big batch of corn bread for tonight's Bunco game. Loy is hosting the Bunco game. Even though we have 2 ovens in our RV, I wanted to kill 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak. I had fixed one pan of cornbread in a 9x9 dish and the other in my cast iron frying pan. So while the cornbread was baking, I did an aerobic workout.

On the way up to the house, I encountered a livestock jam. The longhorns decided to take a nap on the driveway and the parking area.



This momma cow was taking a nice break from her baby.

The bull was more than welcomed to nap where I usually park our truck. Our RV is surrounded by the longhorns. They are just as intimidating as any good watch dog or alarm system would be. What stranger would dare cross a field with this guy looking at you?


Loy did a beautiful job with the Valentines Day table. The cupcake display was adorable and added a nice touch.


Hot out of the oven! My cornbread was a hit with several requests of the recipe. The ingredients were corn meal, flour, eggs, buttermilk, green and red pepper, jalapenos, cheese, onions and creamed corn.

I love Loy's big oven and 6 burner stove.



The cheese enchiladas, beans and rice and Valentine cupcakes that Loy made were delicious. Everyone liked their personalized heart shaped cookies and chocolate covered strawberries.

It was a fun night of Bunco. I always have a good time with these gals. There is plenty of laughs and camaraderie.

Until next time, Happy Valentines Day and of course Happy Trails!















No comments:

Post a Comment