Monday, March 30, 2015

RIDING IN A MOTOR HOME AND BABY LONGHORNS

On Monday, March 23, Ralph did things around the RV that he wanted to get done. One being to change the oil in the generator and checking on our air conditioners.

We rarely ever needed to run both AC's at the same time, so we weren't concerned getting it fixed anytime soon. Since the one now no longer cools and the other cools but makes a lot of racket, Ralph thought he better check it out.

We met another "full-time RV-er" last fall and he told Ralph that the same thing happened to his AC. He said it was a broken blade and he just happened to have an extra blade and gave it to us.

Now normally I wouldn't leave Ralph by himself when he is on the roof, but I am on a "Mission". I want to get on the bike early and get my work out out of the way before it gets to warm.  I also find if I do a ride first thing in the morning, I am done. If I do it in the afternoon, I will not get it done because I find myself getting into other things. Also when I do it first thing in the morning, that gives me a "high" so to speak and keeps me strong and on track with Weight Watchers all day long.

Well I did the big 25 mile loop. This past Sunday I did 24 miles, but this time I added the "hill" on the way back to the ranch. Well I did it and I felt okay. I could definitely tell that it wasn't as easy as it was a week ago, but then again that ride was several miles shorter. I still wasn't huffing and puffing or zigzagging my bike to get up the hill, but I did have to go in the "lowest granny gear".

On Tuesday, March 24, Richard and Debbie who have the ranch next door and also in partnership with Hoppy and Loy with the Longhorns. invited us to go along with them to the Northeast side of San Antonio. They are taking their Motor home to Texas RV Repair Shop.

Richard drove their 1999 Motor home and Ralph rode Shotgun. Debbie and I followed in their truck.


Going through the ranch gate, notice the "outhouse" on the right, it is a replica and UPS and FED EX know to leave packages here for the 2 ranches.


Richard couldn't say enough about this repair shop. Yesterday when Richard stopped by to see us, Ralph was telling him about the AC issue and also our awning is not rewinding like it should. Richard right away called Tony the Service Manager and he spent time with Ralph on the phone on some solutions. In the end we decided to make an appt. when we got there.

After Richard got his Motor home work order written up, Tony spent a good bit of time with us and addressed our issues. We have made an appt. for mid April. Since this is our home, Tony said we could stay in their "Secured Lot" and he would give us the combination to the gate if we wanted to go out some where.

On the way home we stopped to get a bite to eat, at Benjamin's. A very popular Mexican restaurant not far from where the ranch is.

On Wednesday, March 25 I headed out for another ride while Ralph took our Dodge Truck up to Hoppy's to do an oil change.

I have a nice luggage rack with a big basket on my bike. In the past, I have hauled several bags of groceries in it. Once I even weighed all the bags when I got home and it totaled 43 lbs! This time however, I had a couple of packages to mail out at the Post Office.

A practice around here that I see often is people who have small over grazed lots, but have horses, They will stake them out along roads to graze the lush grass. Personally I can't see doing this and would have never allowed this with my horses. You are looking for an accident to happen, along with a carload of punks that would get a thrill out of shooting the horse. Not to mention that cattle and horse theft is still an issue here in Texas. This road is a 55 mph. road too.


Coming back to the ranch, I got to see the new baby that was born yesterday.


This baby has been on our website before. It was born a couple of weeks ago.


We drove the truck up to the ranch house to return the pressure washer and this calf is saying, "I am relaxing and comfy, so drive around me," and we did. This was last years baby born in November.


Until Next Time...........Happy Trails!















No comments:

Post a Comment