Tuesday, March 31, 2015

VISITING MOM, A SMALL LOSS AND A BEAUTIFUL BIKE RIDE

On Thursday, March 26 we headed to visit Mom. She was in good spirits and we had a nice lunch at Denny's. She has been at Town and Country Manor for 2 years now and is doing well.


On the way home we stopped to see George and Joanie and had a nice dinner with them. I forgot to take pictures of them darn it!

They live outside Lake Medina RV Resort/The Grothues-Leibolds Ranch where Ralph and I spend the early part of the winter while we are in Texas.

George and Joanie are going to take a one month long cruise to the Hawaii Islands, Bora Bora, Tahiti and several other countries. They will cross the International Dateline and the Equator.

So during that time I am going to house sit and looking forward to relaxing. That's funny because my RV-ing life is relaxing!

On Saturday, March 28, I headed to Weight Watcher's. Loy went earlier to weigh in and had to leave because she took on the job of being an Assistant Coach for T-Ball.  Her grandson Wyatt is now playing.

Well this week I rode 3 times for a total of about 75 miles and I only lost 0.6 lbs. but it was a loss! It was a little shocking, but I have had good numbers for the last few weeks so maybe I just had a bit of a stall. I am hoping for a big lost next week. So far I have lost 22.8 lbs in 10 weeks and now weigh 181.0.

On Sunday, March 30 we had good friends of ours, Annie, Chuck and Buddy to the ranch for dinner. We met them about 8 years ago at Lake Medina RV Resort. They were from Colorado and their home was was at 10,000 ft. elevation. So they happily would spend the winters at Lake Medina RV Resort.

Just last year they bought a cute home just a few miles away from the RV Resort and now are "True Texans".

Chuck is a Cowboy Action Shooter like Ralph and he also does Cowboy Reenactments with the Bandera Cattle Company in the cowboy town of Bandera. It is a large group of cowboys who do very good reenactments of the Old West Shootouts for the tourist in the middle of Main St. on Saturdays.


We had a nice dinner. I made a low cal and low fat whole wheat pasta bake along with garlic bread, and a hearty salad. For dessert we had a Chocolate Kahlua bundt cake that I made and Haagan Dazs vanilla ice cream.

Yes, I had a sliver of cake and a little ice cream, I don't deprive myself because it is all about moderation. Normally I would have eaten a 1/4 of the cake and a couple of scoops of ice cream.

I don't keep this stuff around either. So Annie and Chuck went home with a goodie bag.

Here is Buddy, their very nice Golden Retriever who is now 10 years old.


On Monday, March 30th, I headed out on a new route with my bike without Ralph because he wanted to do some things around the RV. It was a wonderful day to ride, overcast, light wind and in the 60's, just perfect!

Debbie and Richard who have the ranch next to Hoppy and Loy and share in the Longhorn venture with them, also are big bicycle riders. They belong to a riding club and next month they are going to host a 30 mile ride from their home with a luncheon afterwards. I wanted to try the route that Debbie has planned so today I checked it out.

Well the terrain wasn't much different than what I have been riding over the last couple of months. There were several long hills but not steep and they were certainly doable for my ability.

I am a little concerned about the pace, but Debbie said that one good thing about this ride is that if anyone on the ride wants to do a slower pace, a shorter ride or gets tired, they can just turn around. This ride is not a "loop ride". The route is up and back and she assured me that there will be several that will do so.

I did the entire 30 mile route and felt good and so far this has been my longest ride. The weather helped today also, I did not have the sun and heat beating down on me.

The rain over the last few weeks have really helped with the vibrant colors of wildflowers that Texas is so well known for.

Here is the Texas State Flower, the Blue Bonnet and the pinks are the Indian Paintbrush Flowers.



As I rode, I stopped to look at the many beautiful ranch entrances.




I had to make a little time to visit with this cute little burro.


Until Next Time.............Happy Trails To All!







1 comment:

  1. Love the wildflower photos--tomorrow is April 1, call me! :))))

    ReplyDelete