Monday, July 6, 2015

BRANSON, MO. - PART #7, THE CLAY COOPER and RICK THOMAS SHOW!

On Monday, June 29th, like most other mornings, I took off for a walk. I try to do 4 to 6 miles at least 5 days a week because I have indulged in a little more eating than normal, but within reason. This is also just a beautiful area to walk and I love walking along the water.

I just wish Ralph was able to walk. We have taken a few walks to town but nothing of significant distance.

Here was a fellow that was strumming his guitar on Main Street. I sat and listened to him sing old traditional country songs.

Walking around town, I saw this nice carving that was in a courtyard of a Bed and Breakfast.

This evening we had tickets to Clay Copper's Country Express. Clay sings country, soft rock, old traditional country, gospel and patriotic songs.

His cast of entertainers include Johnny Lonestar a trick roper and gun-slinger, Matt Gumm a very funny comedian, Ezrah Noelle a very young talented singer and several singers and dancers that included Clay's wife Tina and their son, Colt.

Again for some reason my pictures will not stay upright, so like I have said in the past, just tilt your head a bit.


Again, flash and video was not allowed so only a few pictures turned out with out the flash.


Clay's wife in on the right.

Clay and his son Colt singing Unchained Melody.

Singing to the Pointer Sisters.


This is Esrah Noelle, I believe she is now almost 12 years old. She has an unbelievable voice and sings gospel. Besides playing the piano and guitar, she is a self taught yodeler. The crowd was blown away when she sang and yodeled. She was a finalist in American Kids National Competition and has won many competitions around the country.

Glenn Campbell and Andy
On Wednesday, July 1st, Ralph and I headed to the Andy
Williams Moon River Theater to see Illusionists, Rick Thomas.


This is the home theater of the late Andy Williams and the Head of Operations is Jimmy Osmond, the youngest of the performing Osmond Brothers.

The Moon River Theater hosts several shows here each week plus special appearances through out the year by country music legends like Loretta Lynn, Ronnie Milsap and Charlie Pride just to name a few.

As most of you know, Andy passed away here in Branson in 2012 at age 84. His ashes were sprinkled into the artificial waterway at his Moon River Theater.

This was the only waterway I saw, so I am guessing maybe this is where his ashes were sprinkled. I am surprised they did not have information about it for I found this out on Andy William's website.

Beautiful Coy Fish

Andy and Ann-Margaret

Rick Thomas has been a Headliner in Las Vegas for 15 years and goes back and forth between Branson and Vegas. He has made numerous appearances on NBC, CBS, ABC, the Discovery and History Channels, Animal Planet and Hallmark.

Again our seats were close to the stage and right smack in the center. Cameras and video's were not allowed at all, which I understand. I was thinking with our seats this close, surely I was going to see and figure out how the tricks and illusions were done! So I thought!

We saw him making his beautiful assistant disappear, float and get sawed in half as well as sawed in several pieces.

He did tricks with the audience and we were all amazed on his magic, showmanship and illusions. It was just fascinating! He made several of his assistants disappear and reappear in different clothing, in different cages along with his beautiful white Great Pyrenees dog.

I read up on Rick Thomas and he came from an entertaining and dancing family and started dancing with his sister and together they did dancing competitions. They won the title of Amateur U.S. Ballroom Dancing Championship in their teens.

He started his magic career at age 7. By 18 he was performing his own production at the Disneyland Hotel. The show ran for 2 years. He then work in the cruise industry following Disney and did over 300 cruises. He has performed in 5 world tours in over 50 countries.

His illusions were absolutely jaw dropping. Everyone was in awe. I was so close to the stage and I could not figure it out.

Afterwards he allowed pictures and autographs. Ralph insisted that I have a picture taken with him so I did. Had I known I was going to do this, I would have put on makeup and "poofed up my hair a bit". I had it poofy before we left, but it was a windy day.

I should have asked him if he could wave his magic wand and change Ralph into Sam Elliott. I mean after all I saw him change flowers into doves!

It was another fun day in our life, so until next time.............Happy Trails to you all!




1 comment: