Thursday, July 9, 2015

OUR HITCHING UP GOT DELAYED!

On Thursday, July 9th we woke up with a decision to make. It has been raining since this past Tuesday with a few breaks here and there. It was not going to let up a whole lot today and we just did not want to be out in the rain hitching up nor driving in it.

We looked at the radar and this big storm system would be following us all the way into Kentucky. Ralph had a shooting competition for this Saturday that he wanted to do on the way to the big annual match next week. He decided to scratch it, better safe than sorry. We don't take chances of driving our ranch house in nasty weather.

Here is Mark the campground manager and he has been busy the last few days keeping on eye on the river banks. Notice on the right of the picture is a fire hydrant. The water has surrounded the hydrant.


I forgot to put this in my blog, but this past Tuesday morning I walked to Weight Watchers with my umbrella in hand. I dropped another 2 pounds but that was for 2 weeks. 

Remember I am a lifetime member and I no longer pay the weekly fee. I only need to weigh in once a month to keep my lifetime status. However I still am planing to go to the meetings as often as I can and not just once a month. 

I now weigh 154.8 for a total lost of 49 lbs. So I only have about 7 more to go. My personal goal is to get down to 148.

Our plan after my WW meeting was for Ralph to come and pick me up as we were suppose to have bad storms by late morning. While at the meeting the skies opened up with lots of lightning and thunder.

After the meeting Ralph and I were suppose to do some shopping but we decided to head home because the streets were starting to flood and there were already road closures. One of the campgrounds in the next town had flooded.

Even with my splurging here and there with an Almond Joy Latte, Chocolate Banana Bread, Hazelnut ice cream and dinners out, I am still able to lose a little bit. Walking is the key on those days I plan to splurge.

I got this beautiful and delicious Almond Joy Latte while visiting the College of the Ozarks last week. It tasted just like an Almond Joy. I am addicted to anything coconut.

During one of my walks this week, I came upon this wonderful message on a church sign. How true!

During another one of my walks, I saved this turtle from getting run over. We took a "selfie" together. He is a little camera shy as you can see. I put him deep into the woods where there was a nice stream.


 Earlier this week we had to call  Rex the Mobile RV Repair Man. Our water heater was not working on propane. It would work on electric only. So Rex replaced the board in the water heater.

This is Rex's truck. Isn't it a beauty? I loved it. This Chevy Truck has over 300,000 miles on it.

 So this morning I went up to the office to pay for another night and by late morning it stopped raining for a bit. Ralph and I headed out to do a few errands. For the last couple of days he had been wanting to go to this outlet store that had these shirts he likes and the storms had just put a damper on that.

He was able to find two nice shirts and within a few miles from the campground, the skies opened up. The windshield wipers had a hard time keeping up. We pulled in but we were pinned in the truck for about 20 minutes. We had an umbrella, but there was lightning and thunder and I just did not want to take a chance.

As you can see, Mark is coming back from checking the water level. He had put barricades up a few days ago on the lower campsites.


So hopefully tomorrow we will head out and make it to Bowling Green, Kentucky where we will overnight in a Camping World Store. Most Camping Worlds allow RV-er's to stay the night in their parking lot. On Saturday we should arrive in Manchester, Kentucky for the big annual cowboy match called the "Black Gold Shootout". This match starts Thursday and goes until Saturday and we will stay at the range. From Branson, Missouri to Manchester, Kentucky is about 700 miles.

Until then.........Happy Trails to all our friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment