Saturday, December 20, 2014

A BIG BOO BOO BUT WITH A HAPPY ENDING!

Don't ask me how I did it because I haven't a clue. But some how I hit a button and the "My Pictures" tab just some how flew off the left side of my screen. I no longer could add pictures to my blog. When I hit the "Choose Files" button, a foreign looking screen showed up, one that I had never seen before. All I know is I was now somewhere between the Twilight's Zone and outer space never to see the "My Pictures" tab again.

So a call went into the Montana ranchers wife, Janna. She taught me how to do a blog when we were visiting their ranch back in Sept. I was a "project" for her for sure, but I did graduate by the skin of my teeth I think. I now must be in need of remedial training!

She installed one of those programs on my computer where she could "take it over". With in a short time all I saw was my "arrow thingy" flying around with the blazing speed of light, going all over the place clicking here and clicking there and different screens popping up. As you can tell I don't know all that proper and correct computer terminology, so for now I make up my own computer lingo of "gibberish and mumbo -jumbo to call things.

Well after about a half hour zooming around inside the "Black Hole" of my computer, Janna said "I am beside myself and haven't a clue what you did". So she put me in touch with a fella named Rick who lives on Vancouver Island in British Columbia, way up yonder and far away from Texas.

Days later Rick had time to take on this challenge. Rick took over my computer and soon that "arrow thingy" was flying all over the screen clicking on different screens and tabs. I was sure that smoke would start rolling out of my Dell.

1 and a 1/2 hours later, Rick fixed everything. WHEW! He became my hero and Janna always has been. I guess I just know enough to be dangerous and get into trouble. I will be forever grateful for the help and time that Janna and Rick spent with me!

So I am now back in business! YIPPIE YI YAY!

As most of you know, we have left Lake Medina RV Resort at The Leibold-Grothues Ranch just north of San Antonio and now are south of San Antonio on the Herbert Ranch.

We are surrounded by beautiful longhorns. We roped off an area on the Herbert's "Back 40" and this is the view outside our RV's picture window.

I have counted about 15 head and this is "The Big Guy", their bull.
It is very peaceful here. We hear coyotes and owls through the night.

When we are here, I can catch up on new recipes I have saved over the years because I have time to try them out.

When we travel, I don't have time to really do a lot of new and adventurous type recipes because we are so busy traveling and sight seeing. So I do easy, simple and quick type dinners.

Below is a cow with a big beautiful set of horns and a pretty color coat pattern.


This afternoon Janna walked me through again, just to be sure I was comfortable with importing pictures from my camera to Picasa and then putting them on my blog. The refresher course was great.

Before she let me go, Janna said, "I want to see a published blog entry by tonight!". Well the fear of God came over me. So here you are Janna! As I was busy doing my blog as you requested, Ralph cooked a nice dinner and is now doing the dishes so I could finish it by tonight. THANK YOU JANNA!!!

Happy Trails..........

1 comment: