Saturday, December 27, 2014

OUR CHRISTMAS WITH MOM

Gary, Ralph's brother is quite a cook. He did a honey baked ham, homemade beans and his mother's macaroni salad.

Early morning I made a homemade apple pie. I was going to attempt homemade scalloped potatoes, but because I can't multitask I ended up making cheesy mashed potatoes.

This recipe called for boiling the potatoes for 15 minutes, then slicing. Well I forgot to set the timer and while I was in the middle of doing the apple pie the time just got away from me. They were completely done when the light bulb went off in my head.

Gary had picked mom up early that morning from Town and Country Manor. She did very well all afternoon but I can tell over the last 2 months, her mind is drifting off into her own world.

While dinner was cooking she unwrapped some gifts. Mom has gained lots of weight to a point she is now a bit over weight. We need to cut back on the snacks we are bringing her. We bought her a couple pairs of size 16 elastic stretch pants and Gary bought her a nice medium weight jacket.

Soon dinner was ready. I love watching the brother's get everything ready.

Gary is very tentative to his mom, always has been.

She ate well but did not have any room for apple pie, but we sure did.

We had a wonderful day and by late afternoon Ralph and I took Mom back home where we spent a little time with her at Town and Country Manor.

One thing I will say is when we lived in Maryland, it was cold and sometimes there was snow on the ground. This Texas weather is so much better. It was sunny and in the 70's!

No comments:

Post a Comment