Monday, December 8, 2014

COMPUTER LESSON, PIE and a CHRISTMAS PARTY

The day before the Christmas Party, Tillie gave me a lesson on Picasa.

I caught her off guard and did not give her a chance to smile. Either that or maybe her expression says "Oh my gosh, this is going to be a challenge."

I managed to have time and cook a pie. I tried a new recipe that included fresh orange and lemon juice plus their rind. You can't tell from the picture, put I lightly carved an apple on it. It was good and I passed several pieces around to my campground neighbors. If I don't do that, then I end up eating most of it.                                   


On Sunday, Dec. 7th, the resort had their Christmas Party. Marlene, Greg and Gina smoked a  few Pork Tenderloins on the grill. They supplied delicious sides of baked potato, green beans, rolls and salad. Us RV-er's brought desserts and oderv's. 

Here is Gina serving Red Roosters, a frozen adult beverage. I don't know what was in it, but it was delicious. 

When we wanted another, we had to yell "cock-a-doodle-do" and Gina would come around and served you another.                                                                                                                                
Here is the dessert table, as you can see it is the size of a pool table.


After dinner we did a "Gift Exchange". Everyone brings a gift valued around $10. It can be a nice gift or a gag type gift. Here Gina and Greg's son, Cole is checking out all the gifts. 



I will try to explain how this gift exchange is done. 

Everyone draws numbers out of Santa's hat. Numbers are then called in order. When your number is called, you either go up and select a gift or you can take someone else's gift who's number was called earlier. However the "taken" gift can only be taken 3 times and it is then the 3rd takers gift for good and no one else can take it. The person whose gift was taken will then go up to the table to select another one. 

It can become a little "testy" but in a fun way. When you have a good gift, you don't want someone to take it! Wine, booze and good candy are popular with us RV-er's. There were many laughs and everyone enjoyed another day of fun.

This has been another wonderful day in our life with such good folks.


                                                                                   

1 comment:

  1. What, someone else is coaching my student???? Looks like a very fun Christmas party! How many of those red roosters did you have??

    ReplyDelete