Thursday, December 11, 2014

BUNKO AND THE H BAR RANCH

We woke up Tuesday to a beautiful morning. Since there is no one in sight for at least a 1/3 mile, we had coffee outside in our housecoats. We enjoyed the cozy warmth of the sun and the wonderful views.

There we are way off in the distance. I still have a little ways to go til I reach the ranch.












Some of the longhorn herd and the ranches dogs.

I forget this brown dogs name, but the little black Heeler cross dog, I call "Ankle Biter" because he snips at your ankles as you are walking.

Being a cattle dog, they are natural herders and bite at the ankles of cattle in order to herd them to where they need to go. They are very valuable to ranchers.
                                                                                     















On the first Tuesday of the month, the ladies in
the quaint town of Somerset have a Bunko Club. They get together on the first Tuesday of the month. When Ralph and I arrive at Lake Medina RV Resort in November I become the "substitute" until we leave in March. I fill in if one of the regulars can't make it. Usually I am needed every month.

There are 12 players so once a year everyone has a turn to have it at their home.  Everyone lives in a 3 mile radius of each other. The host does the dinner and dessert. Let me tell you, I have never been disappointed these Texas Gals can cook and they are as nice as pie.

Well it was now Loy's turn. She has the December Bunko. Her home is very spacious and cozy and she goes all out with beautiful Christmas decorations.This time I asked her since I am a substitute and don't have a chance to do a dinner, I would like to do it this month. She accepted my offer but said at least let her do the dessert.

I did a Brisket (actually Walmart did it). I have had their Sadler briskets and they are very good, already seasoned and cooked and all you have to do is just warm them through. I did make cole slaw and cowboy beans, a recipe that contained several kinds of beans along with bacon, ground beef, onions, garlic, peppers, liquid smoke and several spices. I also made a delicious potato casserole that consisted of bacon, butter, spring onions, cheese and sour cream. Loy made a several wonderful desserts. 

Soon everyone showed up and we sat down to eat. I got lots of compliments and several requested recipes. 

We played for an hour and took a break for dessert. We then played for another 45 minutes. We totalled up scores and handed out prizes to the winners in several categories. I like Bunko because it requires no skill or thinking and you get to eat fabulous meals. My kind of game.

Unfortunately I got so involved in eating and playing Bunko that it slipped my mine and forgot to take pictures.

2 comments:

  1. Another great blog Angie! I got your email and will call you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful sky! Hi to Ralph too from Mark and I.

    ReplyDelete