Friday, May 29, 2015

A HORNY BULL, OUR LAST VISIT WITH MOM AND NEW RUNNING SHOES!

It was a nice week this week except for watching the horrific flooding down here in Texas.

We are about 4 hours west of Houston and 70 miles southwest of Wimberley were the majority of the devastation has occurred. We got several inches of rain and just north of us got 17 inches!

I still kept up with my walking and just walked between rain drops.

I did finish washing the ceiling and walls of the RV and Ralph has been tidying up loose ends around the RV getting ready for "hitching up".

Our plans are to leave this Sunday, May 31st but we are closely watching the weather. We are heading due north, eventually making our way to the Great Lakes region by summer. If we have to wait a few days for the weather to get better, we will. That is the beauty of our lifestyle. We have no schedule or responsibilities to be anywhere at anytime.

Hoppy's bull has been quite frisky this week. He has been trying to schmooze all the lady longhorns in his harem. He is also trying to schmooze the neighbors female bovines and doing it right in front of their bull! Hoppy's bull must think he is the "bad ass" here because his horns are way longer then  his competition. The neighbors cattle are a shorthorn breed. All I can say is "boys and their testosterone".

On Wednesday, May 27 we went to see mom. We took her out to lunch, did some errands and then brought her back to Town and Country Manor where we sat outside with her. There is a very nice area to sit at with tables and chairs under a big beautiful shady oak tree.


My iPhone has certainly come in handy. I keep lots of pictures and video's on it that I have taken and also pictures and video's her grandchildren send me. It is nice that she can see her grandchildren, great grandchildren and great-great grandchildren!

On the way home, we stopped at New Balance where I bought a much needed pair of running shoes. The bottoms of my soles are smooth with hardly any tread left.

Every time I have visited a New Balance store, I have always found their sales associates very knowledgeable and helpful. After I told him about my issues with "plantar fasciitis" and weight loss, he had me step on their "foot scan pressure mapping analysis" machine. I was amazed to say the least! It showed my pressure points and identified my arch type.

He showed me 2 models that would fit the bill. I tried them both on and they felt very good, but the one pair felt like I was walking on clouds.

Now I can't wait to pound the pavement!

A while back, Hoppy planted sudan hay for the longhorns. It is coming up nicely and will be ready to bale soon.

Until next time.............Happy Trails!












No comments:

Post a Comment