Sunday, May 17, 2015

COWBOY CHURCH, 5 MILES FOR A STEAK DINNER AND THE GOLDEN YEARS!

On Sunday, May10th I headed to Cowboy Church, a nice 2 mile walk from my house sitting job. It was a beautiful morning, overcast with a gentle breeze.

When I arrived at church I grabbed a cup of coffee and just "looked" at all the goodies. I don't need pecan pancakes, eggs, bacon, sausage gravy, buttermilk biscuits and the sweet table, but down the road when I am at my goal, I will enjoy one of the cowboy church breakfast's.

The cross that stands in front of the church is made out of real horseshoes.

Sunny side or scrambled.

The dessert table. Members take turns bringing sweets.


Several of the folks came up to me and said, I see you walking all over the place. How far do you walk?  Where do you live?  So I tell them my story of full timing in our rolling home, my house sitting job and of course Weight Watchers and my weight loss progress.

I am easy to recognize  when I walk. I have my white sweatband on, carry a large hefty fanny pack around my waist, my head phones on and a bright florescent vest on. So needless to say, everyone can spot me in church against all the cowboy hats, boots and spurs.

As I said before, I love Cowboy church. There are no strangers here and everyone comes up and talks to you. Besides the food, the coffee and the nice western band, the sermon's are  very interesting and keep my very short attention span in check. Pastor Cliff in his cowboy hat, is an excellent speaker and has lots of funny stories to tell and keeps my interest.


This is one section of the seating. Check out the enormous overhead fan. Wow, what a breeze it throws. There is a section of seating on both sides of this center section. 

Last time I took pictures for our blog, I showed everyone the beautiful Cowgirl's restroom. Well now here is the the Cowboy's restroom.








If there are any pancakes left over, they put them in zip locks for anyone that wants them. So I picked up a baggie full and will freeze them for Ralph.

By the way, Ralph is doing well. For the next 4 weeks he has to put 3 different kinds of drops in his eye several times a day. He has 20-15 vision now!

On Monday, May 11, I got my walk out of the way early in the morning because the weatherman was calling for thunderstorms all day long. I originally planned to walk to Annie and Chuck's home for a steak dinner this afternoon. They live 5 miles away along and there are several hills to climb.

Although breezy and overcast, the rain never really came, so I decided to walk to Annie and Chuck's for a steak dinner. Wow, with the 4 miles I did this morning and the 5 miles for my steak dinner, I did a total of 9 miles today! The last mile was a bit tough, my feet and knees were hurting a bit and I really slowed down my walk.

When I gained my weight a few years ago, I had gotten Plantar Fasciitis. I have inserts in all my shoes that have helped along with the weight loss.

I had a delicious dinner and wonderful visit with Annie and Chuck. I had a sliver of a piece of Annie's homemade carrot cake which is one of my favorite cakes. I figured I was able to splurge after walking 9 miles today.

On Wednesday, May 13, Ralph and I headed to Dr. Salina's office. I had come down yesterday afternoon to the RV. Last month while I was eating, I felt a crunch of something and thought it was a piece of bone. I just threw it out not paying any mind about it.

Well after lunch I went to brush my teeth and oh, oh, I could feel a piece of tooth gone. Luckily I had no pain or sensitivity so Dr. Salina's just patched it up. If there was pain and sensitivity, I would be looking at a crown! Yikes, that is a lot of money.

I told Ralph that the money we spent on his eyes because it was "elective surgery", that there was no more money left in this years medical fund. Boy, old age and "the golden years" is sure expensive. Of course I do have one of those "older models" and sometimes he just needs to get "refurbished" every few years.

On Thursday, May 14 we headed to Dr. Medina's office for Ralph's one week follow up check up. Dr. Median gave Ralph some eye test and he has 20-15 vision! Hot Dog! Now he has no excuses for missing any shooting targets.

Until next time............Happy Trails!


















1 comment:

  1. Yep, no more excuses for Ralph!! And I know what you mean about living with one of those older models!! :)))

    ReplyDelete