Sunday, May 31, 2015

MORE WEIGHT LOSS-BEFORE AND AFTER AND GOODBYE DINNER!

On Saturday, May 30, I headed to Weight Watchers. I lost another 1.4 lbs. Bringing my total so far to 42.4 lbs. in 19 weeks. I now weigh 161.4. Just 12 pounds to go until I reach my personal goal of 150. The best part is I don't pay the monthly fee anymore as long as I weigh in once a month and do not go over Weight Watcher's maximum goal weight of 164.

I said goodbye to all the nice folks I have met at WW's. They wished me luck and safe travels. One of the ladies who is Hispanic recited a little travel prayer to me in Spanish and then in English. I was really touched by that.

Here is Sandy, myself and Karen. Sandy does all the paperwork, checks everyone in and records our weights. Karen is our WW Leader and her motivational style and personality really kept me on track.

I will be back to this meeting next winter when we come back to the area and look forward to seeing all these nice folks.


Okay everyone, here I was back in Dec. 2014. This wasn't even my high weight yet because I still had to go through the holidays where I packed on more weight before joining WW a month later on Jan. 17, 2015. Joined at almost 204 lbs. and today weigh 161 but not done yet!

As many of you know, I love to eat, I love food and I even dream about it, it is my favorite past time. But now, this is so much better, my health, my life and how I feel.


As Ralph and I travel, there are always WW meetings around. I want to attend weekly rather than just go every month for my weigh-ins. I still need the weekly meetings to keep me on track.

Saturday evening, we got together with Hoppy, Loy, Richard and Debbie for our last dinner together. I had gotten filet mignons and made homemade crab cakes, along with baked potatoes and homemade cole slaw.


Loy made homemade butter. She did this a few weeks ago when she was subbing at the elementary school. She showed the little kids how to make butter with cream and 2 marbles in a bottle. After a bit of shaking, she had butter. Then she served the butter on crackers to the children.


Debbie made peach cobbler with peaches from her peach tree. We sure did enjoy our nice evening with friends.

Loy and her daughter Wendy surprised me with a goodie bag. It was several sizes of food containers that came with gel lids. You put the gel lids in the freezer and they are ready to go when you pack a picnic lunch. Ralph and I often pack our lunch when we go bike riding or a sight seeing day trip. Our lunch bag fits nicely in our large bicycle basket. This will certainly come in handy.

Just before the fellas put the steaks on the grill, a hard rain came through and dumped another 1/2" of rain.

We were planning to hitch up and leave Sunday, but with this last rain we will have to wait. Remember we are in the middle of the longhorns pasture. Sunday will be dry and sunny so we will give it a day to dry up and hitch up on Monday.

Until next time.............Happy Trails...............











2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see you have discovered how to remove comments--good!! Congratulations on the weight loss Angie--the before and after photos are amazing!, I dropped below 150 pounds a couple days ago--hooray!!

    ReplyDelete