Sunday, May 24, 2015

I DID IT! I MADE MY GOAL WITH WEIGHT WATCHERS!

Since my house vacation is over, I have been busy washing walls, cabinets and soon will tackle the ceiling. Even though our rolling ranch house is only 380 sq. ft., this is a bit of a job. I do a little each day and now all that is left is the ceiling.

I have done this many times before, but the last 3 years for what ever reason, I have not done it. I don't know why, I guess my retirement life has become super busy.

Anyway, Ralph and I usually burn a candle every day. The scent is very relaxing and it is cozy and we just love candles.

A few months ago, I just started looking at the walls and the ceiling and they looked dark to me. So I went and got a cotton ball and put alcohol on it and ran it down the wall. Oh my gosh, to my amazement it was as black as coal!

The soot from the candle over the years had darkened the inside of our RV. So I got on the Internet and sure enough I found out how much soot a candle puts out and  how it darkens walls. Come to find out I have since spoken to other RV-er's who have had this happen to them.

So I am sad to say, there will be no more candles for us. At least it was a good work out for me and helped burn some calories.

I have been walking  4 to 5 and sometime 6 days a week, usually 3 to 5 miles and I am still eating properly. It has roughly been 18 weeks and I feel so good. I have not had any episodes of binge eating or even a day that I fell off the wagon. I think once the sugars and bad starchy carbs got flushed from my system, I no longer crave those foods.

On Saturday, May 23rd, I headed to Weight Watchers. I knew I was close on making my goal because of what my home scale said. My scale and the WW scale are very close. 

Well I stepped on the scale and holy cow, I dropped 3.6 lbs! I wasn't expecting quite that much and I was in shock. I now weigh 162.8 lbs. for a total lost of 41.0 lbs!

The BMI maximum goal that WW set for me was 164. My last week weighing at this meeting  will be next Saturday, than after that I will go to WW meetings as we travel. They are all over the place and I won't have any trouble finding one.

My personal goal is 150, so I will keep on track and will be there by the end of August if not sooner.

It may be a tiny bit tougher as we travel to find time to walk as much as I have been, but I will make it my priority and will get it done.

Now that I made my goal and since I had been a "Lifetime Member" before, I do not have to do the 6 week maintenance before receiving "LT" status. All I have to do now is to weigh in once a month and not go over 2 lbs. from my maximum goal of 164. It will also not cost me the $10 weekly fee, it is all free now.

But as I am still going to lose another 13 lbs. I will still go every week. I need that meeting and the weigh in and to be held accountable.

I did not have my regular camera with me, so I will bring it next meeting and take a picture of my WW leader Karen and I. She has been a terrific speaker and kept me motivated. In the mean time I will search for a picture of me before I started WW so everyone can see the difference.

We have had lots of rain over the last couple of days. Last night we got 3 1/2 inches and just north of San Antonio areas got 9"! Luckily the hail missed our immediate area. There was lots of flooding from San Antonio up to Austin with lots of damage.

The entire spring has been incredibly wet and Texas is no longer in a drought where they have been for several years. The longhorns are sure enjoying the lush pasture.


I am not sure what kind of birds these are, but they follow the longhorns all over the place. I am guessing as the longhorns walk, they stir up  grasshoppers and other bugs and make easy pickings for the birds.

Until next time...........Happy Trails!









1 comment: