Wednesday, May 20, 2015

I HAVE BEEN EVICTED, MORE WEIGHT LOSS AND GETTING READY FOR OUR NEXT FRONT YARD!

A couple of days before this past weekend, George and Joanie called me and said they just arrived on dry land. As most of you know, I have been house sitting for the last few weeks while they were on a month long cruise. I have referred to this as "my vacation from a vacation".

I had a blast staying in their home. It was peaceful, quiet and I enjoyed seeing the wildlife. Deer came up in their yard each morning while I sat on their deck sipping my coffee. I got to watch hummingbirds drinking the nectar from the feeders. It was just a relaxing few weeks.

While here I used their treadmill during bad weather but also enjoyed miles and miles of walking up and down the big hills that are prevalent in this part of Texas. I had a great time walking to Cowboy Church and going with Annie and Chuck to the Cowboy Bar for steak night and country music on Wednesday nights.

George and Joanie's original plans when their ship docked in San Diego, was to take their car and drive up the west coast to to some sightseeing for a week, but George's arm and shoulder were acting up so they just decided to drive back to San Antonio. George's needed cortisone shot was over due.

When they called me  to let me know of their change of plans, I was back down at the RV because that day I had a dental appt. and the next day Ralph had his eye check up appt. So I wasn't able to get back up to their home until Friday, May 15th where I headed up to their home to gather all my stuff.

I got to see them when they arrived home. They had a great time and told me of their wonderful adventures traveling to the Hawaiian Islands, Bora Bora, the French Polynesian Islands and crossing the Equator.

Ralph picked me up on the way home from visiting his mom at the nursing home,so he got to see them too.

We arrived at the Herbert Ranch and found Hoppy building the ranches brand at the entrance to the ranch. Their brand is an "H" with a "bar".  I told Hoppy that it looked beautiful and he mumbled under his breath that "this was Loy's idea".

Look at the background and you will see an outhouse (not a real one). This is were UPS and Fed-Ex drop off packages to them. Then these companies leave a note on the ranch gate letting them know of the package.


On Saturday, May 16th I headed off the Weight Watcher's. I stepped on the scale and I lost 2.0 lbs! I now weigh 166.4! Total loss to date is 37.4 lbs. in 17 weeks! I am now 2.6 lbs. away from the maximum WW goal of 164. I will make my goal before we leave and celebrate with my class!

I have  enjoyed my walks this week. I like stopping in front of  ranches to see their livestock. When horses see me, they become very inquisitive and walk up to the fence to greet me.



Isn't he a handsome Brahma bull.

We are getting excited, by June 1st we will be hitched up and heading north. Hopefully all the tornado's and bad weather in the mid west will be long gone! We have had a case of "Hitch Itch" for a while now and look forward to hitting the road!

Ralph has been getting the Dodge ready and has done an oil change, changed the fuel filter, washed and re-oiled the K&N air filter and did a thorough check under the hood.

We headed to the ranch house and found Hoppy taking a break. His son Wes came up a few weeks ago and built this front porch addition on his dad's Cowboy Cave. Hoppy now can come outside and sit a spell. Check out Sissy sitting behind the rocking chair.

It is hard to see, but there is a bar in the left hand corner with old time liquor bottles on display.

Until next time............Happy Trails!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the weight loss Angie!! You are gonna make it!

    ReplyDelete